Krishi Vigyan Kendra (Farm Science Centre), Kolhapur has been sanctioned in March 2018 and laid the foundation in Krishi Unnati Mela, Pusa, New Delhi by Hon'ble Prime minister of India Shri Narendra Modi. This KVK has been termed as Organic KVK. The operational/Juridiction areas of KVK are 6 tehsils namely, Karveer,Kagal,Gadhinglaj,Bhudargad,Ajara & Chandgad.Krishi Vigyan Kendra aims to fasten the decision making ability of farmers for technology adoption integrating for better farm yield by rapid and effective transfer of
technology by serving the ultimate users and focal point of agriculture i.e. Farmers and farm women.It also aims to provide low cost, location specific and effective technology for reducing input cost and increasing the net income through capacity development of different stakeholders, providing available technological information and inputs, practicing participatory approaches in planning, implementing and evaluating the technologies.
Application of technology/products through assessment, refinement and demonstration for
adoption. To achieve the mandate effectively, the following activities are envisaged for each KVK:
- On-farm testing to identify the location specificity of agricultural technologies under various farming systems
- Frontline demonstrations to establish its production potentials on the farmers fields.
- Training of farmers and extension personnel to update their knowledge and skills in modern agricultural technologies.
- Work as resource and knowledge centre of agricultural technologies for supporting initiatives of public, private and voluntary sector for improving the agricultural economy of the district.
- Produce and make available technological products like seed, planting material, bio agents, young ones of livestock etc to the farmers
- Organize extension activities to create awareness about improved agricultural technologies to facilitate fast diffusion and adoption of technologies in agriculture and allied sectors.